With the last MY (model year) G8 coming up on being 10 years old, it is very rare to find one unmodified and still held by its original owner. That being said, it is an even a rarer event to learn that this owner, after so many years of owning it in its stock form, is ready to heavily modify it..in walks Troy Schnack.
Troy reached out to us looking to bring his G8 to its best possible version of itself. His build list seemed to grow daily, and in the end almost nothing was left untouched. All of the wrenching for this project was done by our friends Jason Posner, Kenny Thorsen and Derrick Rodrigues out of their Staten Island shop (aka: Sesame Street Racing).
Above and beyond the parts Troy got from us, he also purchased a CTS-V2 Brembo brake upgrade kit, some OZ wheels, a G8 Designs double din radio upgrade and some paddle shifters to start. Finished off by a full paint correction.
The Parts List
- G8Only Ultimate DOD Delete Kit
- RCR Spec Cam
- RCR Tune
- Camaro Trans Pan
- Holley Valve Covers
- LS3 160* Thermostat
- VCM OTR Intake
- Kooks 1 7/8″ Long Tube Headers
- SOLO 3″ Catback w/Catted, Kooks Connection Pipes & 3.5″ tips
- Circle-D Multi-Disc Converter
- G8Only EZ Install Transmission Cooler Kit (20.5k)
- Mighty Mouse Catch Can
- BMR Rear Sway Bar
- BMR HD Rear Sway Bar Links
- BMR Rear Toe Rods
- BMR Rear Trailing Arms
- BMR Cradle Bushing Inserts
- BMR HD Front Sway Bar Links
- BMR Rear Trailing Arm Outer Bushings
- Russell Stainless Brake Lines
- H&R Street Performance Coilovers
- Spyder LED Tail Lights
- Morimoto HID Low Beams
- Morimoto LED Fog Lights
- Morimoto Bulbs for EVERY bulb in the car
Quote from the owner:
“First day of daily driving, all the way from 15 mph zones to ~100 mph on the twisties. Everything is great, gentlemen. The suspension work puts that amazing amount of power to the ground perfectly. The brakes inspire confidence, and it is so damn flat in the corners. Wonderful!”
*Special thanks to Troy for allowing us to be part of his build! And a genuine thank you for you and your wifes service to this great country!
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”4″ gal_title=”Troy Schack”]