- Requires Camaro ZL1 fuel level sender & calibration NOT PROVIDED – Fuel Gauge Sending Unit GM PART NO# 13592329
- Wiring harness NOT provided and MUST be wired by professional & certified automotive electrician
- Wiring Recommendation (high-level based on anticipated high current draw applications):
REQUIRES PROFESSIONAL TUNE & MAY ALSO REQUIRE BY-PASS OF ECU FACTORY FUEL PUMP SETTINGS
SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
Bulkhead Design: We’ve eliminated the need for 90-degree external fuel hose adapter fittings and simply incorporated a 90-degree thread profile for the Supply & Return ports directly into the bulkhead.
ACTIVE Valve System: The FS1000 surge tank features not only 100% larger fuel floater valves over the OEM fuel pump module but our proprietary Active Valve System; 4 valves versus the 1 valve included in the OEM design). The AVS is engineered to close and trap fuel under acceleration, cornering, and braking. The valves then open when the load is reduced to allow fuel to rapidly refill the surge tank 900% quicker than the OEM system.
Venturi Vacuum Pump: The FS1000 surge tank also features an internal venturi vacuum pump. Developed in-house using leading CFD modeling software and techniques (200 data points, 250 man-hours and 90 hours of continuous simulation), the FS1000 Venturi Vacuum Pump requires no wiring, draws no current yet is able to generate enough vacuum to pull through, using a fitting located on the lowest point of the surge tank, more than 200 liters per hour of fuel into the surge which will ensure that the fuel pumps are submerged at all times and there is no possibility of fuel starvation or fuel surge.
Plug & Play: While the FS1000 surge tank isn’t “Plug & Play” per se, the installation can be completed in a matter of hours and will depend on whether the fuel system is set up as a return or non-return system. Also requires a custom wiring harness, not provided.
Do I Need to Upgrade The Fuel Lines, Fuel Pressure Regulator or Fuel Rail?
a) Fuel Lines: Return System: We recommend a return style system with a 1:1 rising rate fuel pressure regulator located in the engine bay on the return fuel line – The factory fuel supply is sufficient to support the flow & output of the compatible fuel pumps HOWEVER the fuel rail MUST be upgraded and a return fuel line installed (-6AN return line recommended).
b) Fuel Rail: Return System: Yes, the factory fuel rail MUST be upgraded.
c) Fuel Pressure Regulator: Yes -The OEM fuel regulator is far too small and must be upgraded.
FS1000 Surge Tank Features
- Specially molded Viton fuel pump noise dampener inserts significantly reduce fuel pump vibration to ensure you have a peaceful in-cabin experience
Single Fuel Pump Port
- Perfect fuel pressure control (staged fuel pump operation) & fuel pressure stability due to our design protected 2-to-1 internal fuel pump manifold.
- 100% Ethanol Compatible
- Zero fuel vapor loss
- Zero smell GUARANTEED due to the anodizing process and materials used
Quality & Engineering
- 90% of the components are precision machined from aerospace-grade 6061-T6 billet aluminum
- The lightweight fuel bucket is designed using best practice engineering principles and stress-tested to ensure safety for all motorsport applications. Due to the complexity and the high degree of engineering involved, the lower section of the surge tank is injection molded with a proprietary super thick, durable, and super strong composite fuel (unleaded, race, ethanol) resistance grade of aerospace plastic used by only the most advanced supercar manufacturers
- Floater valves designed to trap fuel in the fuel bucket
- Venturi (pump) tube engineered specifically for the GM models
Package includes the following items: Requires Assembly (estimated assembly time 30 minutes; assembly guide supplied):
- FS1000-V2 bulkhead (machined from aircraft grade 6061-T6 billet aluminum)
- Billet (6061-T6) twin (2) fuel pump bracket (includes stainless steel fasteners and Viton rubber insert/s)
- Billet (6061-T6) fuel pump manifold
- Billet (6061-T6) Venturi inlet adapter
- Billet (6061-T6) Venturi (pump) tube
- Billet two (2) piece fuel bucket (upper section machined from 6061-T6 grade billet aluminum, lower section injection molded)
- Bucket (POM) bottom plate with four (4) injection molded (POM) floater valves
- Viton rubber o-rings included
- Aftermarket Industries six (6) way male electrical connector with two (2) female connectors and 12 pins
- We recommend Two (2) stainless steel Aftermarket Industries 200 micron fuel filters.
- Internal siphoning crossover hose to replace OEM
- Fuel level sender NOT included – OEM sender to be attached to FS1000-V2 surge tank as per illustrations – may require calibration
- Fuel Pumps not included.
*Note: Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Pumps, and Fuel Level Sender NOT included – GM OEM sender to be attached to FS1000 surge tank as per illustrations – requires calibration
*These products must be correctly fitted by “Certified Installer” workshops and partners. Fueled By AI / Aftermarket Industries is not liable for personal injury, death, or for any damage whatsoever arising from any accident or incident where these conditions are not satisfied.
*It is your responsibility to ensure that the Product is sufficient and suitable for your purposes and meet your individual requirements. We do not warrant that the Products will meet your individual requirements. You acknowledge that the Products are standard and not made bespoke to fit any particular requirements that you may have.